Thursday, October 4, 2018

Read it again, Sam!


“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” 
― Dr. Seuss

I might add, then read it again! 

I have books on my shelf that I've read so many times the covers are soft from handling.  Books I open when I'm exhausted, as I'm able to fall easily into a familiar world with familiar friends.  Books I love and respect.  Books I relish.  Books by Dorothy Sayers, Zenna Henderson, David Brin, Nathan Lowell, Larry Niven, Lois McMaster Bujold, Tolkein, Lewis, Julian May, Anne McCaffrey, Mary Stewart, and so many more.

Yes, I adore discovering new authors, especially those writing series.  I'm especially pleased when I'm able to place those new discoveries on my "Read it again"  bookshelf.  Do you have favorites you re-read?  I'll find room on that shelf!



No comments:

Post a Comment