Friday, November 6, 2009

Creating Worlds

Never thought I would rule the world and I certainly never aspired to do that. But guess what? I do! Well, I rule the worlds I create, and there’s nothing quite as satisfying as stirring up trouble for my characters. From dashing their lofty hopes or nurturing impossible dreams, to fulfilling destiny or discovering heroes within the most unlikely characters, it’s all terrific fun. They’re with me all the time. If I’m bored or just enjoying a quiet moment and want to daydream, I can easily slip into the future or the past. With so much of SOLILOQUY set in World War II France, my visits to the past engendered a desire to understand even more, hence my ongoing reading about the War. I’ve just purchased IN COMMAND OF HISTORY by David Reynolds, and while I’ve only read the first few pages, I look forward to learning about Churchill’s thoughts and hopes and darkest moments. I’ve also toyed with the idea of plotting another book set in those years since I’m visiting them so often. Another world to create based on the lives of true heroes. Rewarding beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment